Through this Policy, the Company regards personal information of the users as important and inform them of the purpose and method of Company's using the personal information provided by the users and the measures taken by the Company for protection of those personal information.
This Policy will be effective on the 17th day of Feb, 2021 and, in case of modification thereof, the Company will make public notice of it through posting it on the bulletin board of Company's website or individual notice through sending mails, fax or e-mails.
1. Information to be collected and method of collection
- 1) Personal information items to be collected Personal information items to be collected by the Company are as follows:
- Information provided by the users:
The Company may collect the information directly provided by the users.
- Name, email address, ID, telephone number, address, national information, encoded identification information (CI), identification information of overlapped membership (DI)
- For payment with credit card : name of card company, number and expiration of card
- For small sum payment charged on the mobile phone: mobile phone number, 14 payment approval number
- For payment by remittance: name of bank, account number and password of account
- For deposit without a bankbook: name of remitter, contact information
- Delivery information including delivery address, name and contact information of recipient
- Information of bid, purchase and sales
- For CV making and graduate admission: name, work and/or personal email address, date of birth, sex, telephone number, education backgrounds, GPA, advisor’s name and affiliation, interests in respect of career development, employer, work-related role(s), other positions held, publications, patents, hobbies, qualifications, references, courses attended, internships, awards and honors, the languages you speak, links to websites and/or your social media accounts, photos uploaded by you, skills, universities/departments you would like to apply to, test scores, statement of purposes, and any other personal data you submit when creating a CV or using our services, or when you contact us.
- Information collected while the users use services Besides information directly provided by the users, the Company may collect information in the course that the users use the service provided by the Company.
List Items to be collected (examples) Equipement Information Equipment identifier, operation system, hardware version, equipment set-up and telephone number Log Information Log data, use time, search word input by users, internet protocol address, cookies Location Information Information of device location including specific geographical location detected through GPS, Bluetooth or Wi-Fi (limited to the region permissible under the laws) Other Information Preference, advertisement environment, visited pages regarding service use of users
- Information provided by the users:
- 2) Method of collection The Company collects the information of users in a way of the followings:
- Webpage, e-mailing, tools for collection of created information
2. Use of collected information
The Company uses the collected information of users for the following purposes:
- 1) Member management and identification
- 2) To detect and deter unauthorized or fraudulent use of or abuse of the Service
- 3) Performance of contract and service fee settlement regarding provision of services demanded by the users
- 4) Improvement of existing services and development of new services
- 5) Making notice of function of company sites or applications or matters on policy change
- 6) To make statistics on member’s service usage, to provide services and place advertisements based on statistical characteristics
- 7) To provide information on promotional events as well as opportunity to participate
- 8) To comply with applicable laws or legal obligation
- 9) Use of information with prior consent of the users (for example, utilization of marketing advertisement)
The Company agrees that it will obtain consent from the users, if the Company desires to use the information other than those expressly stated in this Policy.
3. Sharing collected information
Except for the following cases, the Company will not share personal information with a 3rd party:
- 1) when the Company shares the information with its affiliates, partners and service providers;
- When the Company's affiliates, partners and service providers carry out services such as bill payment, execution of orders, products delivery and dispute resolution (including disputes on payment and delivery) for and on behalf of the Company
- 2) when the users consent the sharing in advance;
- 3) when the sharing is required by the laws
- if required to be disclosed by the laws and regulations; or
- if required to be disclosed by the investigative agencies for detecting crimes in accordance with the procedure and method as prescribed in the laws and regulations
4. Cookies and Similar Technologies
The Company may collect collective and impersonal information through 'cookies'. Cookies are very small text files to be sent to the browser of the users by the server used for operation of the websites of the Company and will be stored in hard-disks of the users' computer.
These functions are used for evaluating, improving services and setting-up users' experiences so that much improved services can be provided by the Company to the users The items of cookies to be collected by the Company and the purpose of such collection are as follows:
|Category||Reasons for using cookies and additional information|
|Strictly necessary cookies||This cookie is a kind of indispensable cookie for the users to use the functions of the website of the Company. Unless the users allow his cookie, the services such as shopping cart or electronic bill payment cannot be provided. This cookie does not collect any information which may be used for marketing or memorizing the sites visited by the users|
(Examples of necessary cookies)
∘ Memorize the information entered in an order form while searching other pages during web browser session
∘ For the page of products and check-out, memorize ordered services
∘ Check whether login is made on website
∘ Check whether the users are connected with correct services or the website of the Company while the Company changes the way of operating its website
∘ Connect the users with certain application or server of the services
|Performance cookies||This cookie collects information how the users use the website of the Company such as the information of the pages which are visited by the users most. This data helps the Company to optimize its website so that the users can search that website more comfortably. This cookie does not collect any information of the users. Any and all the information collected by this cookie will be processed collectively and the anonymity will be guaranteed.|
(Examples of performance cookies)
∘ Web analysis; provide statistical data on the ways of using website
∘ Advertisement response fee; check the effect of advertisement of the Company
∘ Tracing affiliated companies; one of visitors of the Company provides anonymously feedback to the affiliated companies
∘ Management of error; measure an error which may occur so as to give a help for improving website
∘ Design testing; test other design of the website of Company
|Functionality cookies||This cookie is used for memorizing the set-ups so that the Company provides services and improves visit of users. Any information collected by this cookie does not identify the users individually.|
(Examples of functionality cookies)
∘ Memorize set-ups applied such as layout, text size, basic set-up and colors
∘ Memorize when the customer respond to a survey conducted by the Company
|Targeting cookies or||This cookie is connected with the services provided by a third party such as the buttons of ‘good’ and ‘share’. The third party provides|
|advertising cookies||these services by recognizing that the users visit the website of the Company.|
(Examples of targeting cookies or advertising cookies)
∘ Carry out PR to the users as targets in other websites by connecting through social networks and these networks use the information of users’ visit
∘ Provide the information of users’ visit to ad agencies so that they can suggest an ad which may attract the interest of the users
The users have an option for cookie installation. So, they may either allow all cookies by setting options in the web browser, make each cookie checked whenever it is saved, or refuses all cookies to be saved: Provided that, if the user rejects the installation of cookies, it may be difficult for that user to use the parts of services provided by the Company.
5. Location of Sites and Data
The Company uses service operation and cloud servers to provide convenient services. For this purpose, we may transfer your personal information overseas as specified below.
|Name of recipient||Amazon web server (South Korea), Palusomni (South Korea)|
|Purpose of transfer||Utilization of cloud function and service operation for providing Wanted service|
|Time of transfer||When entering / modifying / deleting information for membership registration and/or service use|
|Item of transfer||Email, full name, mobile phone number, profile|
6. Users' right to access and option
The users or their legal representatives, as main agents of the information, may exercise the following options regarding the collection, use and sharing of personal information by the Company:
- 1) exercise right to access to personal information;
- 2) make corrections or deletion;
- 3) make temporary suspension of treatment of personal information; or
- 4) request the withdrawal of their consent provided before If, in order to exercise the above options, you, as an user, use the menu of 'amendment of member information of webpage or contact the Company by using representative telephone or sending a document or e-mails, or using telephone to the responsible department (or person in charge of management of personal information), the Company will take measures without delay: Provided that the Company may reject the request of you only to the extent that there exists either proper cause as prescribed in the laws or equivalent cause.
The Company regards the security of personal information of uses as very important. The company constructs the following security measures to protect the users' personal information from any unauthorized access, release, use or modification
- 1) Encryption of personal information
- Transmit users' personal information by using encrypted communication zone
- Store important information such as passwords after encrypting it
- 2) Countermeasures against hacking
- Install a system in the zone the external access to which is controlled so as to prevent leakage or damage of users' personal information by hacking or computer virus
- 3) Establish and execute internal management plan
- 4) Install and operate access control system
- 5) Take measures to prevent forging or alteration of access record
8. Protection of personal information of children
In principle, the Company does not collect any information from the children under 13 or equivalent minimum age as prescribed in the laws in relevant jurisdiction. The website, products and services of the Company are the ones to be provided to ordinary people, in principle. The website or application of the Company has a function to do age limit so that children cannot use it and the Company does not intentionally collect any personal information from children through that function.
9. Modification of Privacy Protection Policy
The Company has the right to amend or modify this Policy from time to time and, in such case, the Company will make a public notice of it through the bulletin board of its website (or through individual notice such as written document, fax or email) and obtain consent from the users if required by relevant laws.
- 1) Considering it engages in global businesses, the Company may provide the users' personal information to the companies located in other countries for the purpose as expressly stated in this Policy. For the places where the personal information is transmitted, retained or processed, the Company takes reasonable measures for protecting that personal information.
- 2) In addition, when the personal information obtained from the European Union is used or disclosed, the Company may have to comply with safe harbor principle as required by the Commerce Department of USA, take other measures or obtain consent from users so far as those complies with the regulations of EU so as to use a standardized agreement provision approved by executing organizations of EU or securing proper safe measures.
- 3) The website, product or service of the Company may include the links to the ones of a 3rd party and the privacy protection policy of the site of 3rd party may be different. Thus, it is required for the users to check additionally that policy of a 3rd party site linked to the site of the Company.
- 4) If the user resides in California, certain rights may be given. The Company prepares preventive measures necessary for protecting personal information of members so that the Company can comply with online privacy protection laws of California. In case of leakage of personal information, a user may request the Company to check the leakage. In addition, all the users in the website of the Company, can modify their information at any time by using the menu for changing information by connecting their personal account. Moreover, the Company does not trace the visitors of its website nor use any signals for 'tracing prevent'. The Company will not collect and provide any personal identification information through ad services without consent of users.
11. Period for retention and use of personal information
In principle, the Company destructs personal information of users without delay when: the purpose of its collection and use has been achieved; the legal or management needs are satisfied; or users request: Provided that, if it is required to retain the information by relevant laws and regulations, the Company will retain member information for certain period as designated by relevant laws and regulations. The information to be retained as required by relevant laws and regulations are as follows:
- 1) Record regarding contract or withdrawal of subscription: 5 years (The Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce)
- 2) Record on payment and supply of goods: 5 years (The Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce)
- 3) Record on consumer complaint or dispute treatment: 3 years (The Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce)
- 4) Record on collection/process, and use of credit information: 3 years (The Act on Use and Protection of Credit Information)
- 5) Record on sign/advertisement: 6 months(The Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce)
- 6) Log record of users such as internet/data detecting the place of user connection: 3 months(The Protection of Communications Secrets Act)
- 7) Other data for checking communication facts: 12 months (The Protection of Communications Secrets Act)
12. Procedure and method of destruction of personal information
In principle, the Company destructs the information immediately after the purposes of its collection and use have been achieved without delay: Provided that, if any information is to be retained as required by relevant laws and regulations, the Company retain it for the period as required by those laws and regulations before destruction and, in such event, the personal information which is stored and managed separately will never be used for other purposes. The Company destructs: hard copies of personal information by shredding with a pulverizer or incinerating it; and deletes personal information stored in the form of an electric file by using technological methods making that information not restored.
13. Technical, managerial and physical measures for protection of personal information
In order to prevent the loss, theft, leakage, alteration or damage of personal information of the users, the Company takes technical, managerial and physical measures for securing safety.
14. Responsible department of Company
The Company designates the following department and person in charge of personal information in order to protect personal information of customers and deal with complaints from customers:
- • Name of staff responsible for managing personal information: Yu Ilhyuk
- • Department responsible for privacy protection and customer service : Palusomni
- • E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
The latest update date: 17th day of Feb, 2021