Article 1 (Purpose)
The purpose of this Agreement is to prescribe services, their rights, obligations, responsibilities, and other necessary matters in using the Internet-related services (hereinafter referred to as "Services") provided by PhD.GO website (https://phdgo.com) (hereinafter referred to as the "Site"), an Internet website operated by Palusomni Inc. (hereinafter referred to as the "Company").
※ 「This Agreement shall apply to e-commerce using PC communication, wireless, etc. unless it is contrary to its nature.」
Article 2 (Definitions)
The terms used in this Agreement are defined as follows:
- 1) "Company" refers to Palusomni Inc.
- 2) The term "Site" means the Internet website, PhD.GO (https://phdgo.com), which is operated by "Company" using computers and other information and communication facilities to provide goods or services (hereinafter referred to as "goods, etc.") to "Users."
- 3) "Services" refers to various services related to "Company" and "Site" that users can use regardless of the terminal (including various wired and wireless devices such as PCs, TVs, and portable terminals).
- 4) "Users" refers to members and non-members who access the "Site" and receive services provided by the "Site" under this Agreement.
- 5) The term "Member" means a person who has registered as a member on the "Site" and can continue to use the services provided by the "Site".
- 6) The term "Non-Member" means a person who uses the services provided by the "Site" without joining the "Site".
- 7) "Publication materials" means the words, photos, videos, various files, links, etc. in the form of information, such as symbols, text, voice, sound, video, and video posted on the "Site" when "User" uses "Services".
- 8) "ID" refers to the email address designated by "Member" and approved by the "Company" for identification of "Member" and service uses.
- 9) "Password" refers to the combination of letters and/or numbers that "Member" has set for confidentiality after confirming that "Member" is the one that matches to given "ID".
Article 3 (Statement, explanation, and revision of Terms and Conditions, etc.)
- 1) "Company" posts contents of Terms and Conditions at the bottom of the "Site" so that "Members" can easily find it. However, the contents of Terms and Conditions can be viewed by the "User" on the connected screen.
- 2) "Company" shall seek confirmation of "User" by providing a separate connection screen or pop-up screen so that "User" can understand the important contents of the Terms and Conditions before "User" agrees to the Terms and Conditions.
- 3) "Company" may amend these Terms and Conditions to the extent that they do not violate the relevant laws, such as the "Act on Consumer Protection in Electronic Commerce, the "Act on the Regulation of Terms and Conditions", the "Framework Act on Electronic Documents and Electronic Transactions", the "Electronic Signatures Act", the "Act on the Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection", and the "Consumer Main Act".
- 4) If "Company" amends the Terms and Conditions, it shall announce the date of application and the reason for revision on the mainlanding page of "Site" along with the current Terms and Conditions. It shall be posted from seven days before the date of application to the day before the date of application.
- 5) If the "Company" amends the Terms and Conditions, the amendment shall apply only to contracts concluded after the date of application, and it shall not be applied retroactively to contracts already concluded. However, if a "Member", who holds a contract already concluded, expresses her/his intention to be applied by the amendments to the "Company" and obtains consent from the "Company" within the notification period of the amended Terms and Conditions under paragraph (3), the amended Terms and Conditions shall apply.
- 6) If the "Company" notifies the revised Terms and Conditions in accordance with the preceding paragraph and clearly announces or individually notifies to "Member" that the expression of its intention is deemed to have been expressed within seven days, "Member" shall be deemed to have agreed to the revised Terms and Conditions.
- 7) If "Member" does not agree to be applied by revised Terms and Conditions, "Company" cannot apply the amendments to "Member": otherwise, "Member" may revoke the contract. However, if there are special circumstances in which the existing Terms and Conditions cannot be applied, "Company" may terminate the service contract.
- 8) The matters not stipulated in this Agreement and the interpretation of this Agreement shall be governed by the Consumer Protection Act in e-commerce, the Regulations on Terms and Conditions, the Guidelines for Consumer Protection in e-commerce, and related statutes or correlations as prescribed by the Fair Trade Commission.
Article 4 (Providing and Changing Services)
- 1) "Site" performs the following tasks:
- Search services for Thesis Advisor profiles
- Community Services
- CV Creation Service via CV Manager
- Search services for CV created
- Search services for procedure when applying to graduate schools
- Search and archiving services of written electronic documents relevant to admission requirements when applying to graduate schools
- Search and browse services for applications and admission results written by other users
- Any other services that the "Company" will provide to "Members" through its own development or cooperation agreements with other companies
- 2) "Company" may change the contents of goods or services to be provided under the contract in the future in case of a change in the technical specifications of goods or services. In this case, the contents of the changed goods or services and the date of delivery are immediately notified to the place where the current goods or services are posted.
- 3) If the contents of the service contract with "Members" are changed due to changes in the technical specifications of goods, etc. to be provided by "Company", the reason of changes shall be immediately notified to the "Members" at the address that can be notified.
- 4) In the previous paragraph, the "Company" shall compensate for the damages incurred by the "Members". However, this is not the case if the "Company" proves that there is no intention or negligence.
Article 5 (Overseas use of Services)
- 1) "Company" does not guarantee the quality or usability of "Site" if "User" intends to use "Site" outside of the territory of the Republic of Korea.
- 2) "User" shall decide whether to use the "Site" in areas other than the territory of the Republic of Korea according to their own judgment and responsibility, and in particular, the "User" shall be responsible for complying with local statutes in the process of using the "Site".
Article 6 (Suspension of Service)
- 1) "Company" may temporarily suspend service provision in the event of a repair inspection, replacement, communication failure, etc. of information and communication facilities such as computers.
- 2) "Company" shall compensate for damages suffered by "Members" or third parties due to temporary suspension of service provision due to the reasons referred to in paragraph (1). However, this is not the case if "Company" proves that there is no intention or negligence.
Article 7 (Use of Community Services)
- 1) The following services are specified as the scope of community services in "Site".
- "Publication materials" of "Members" to be created and deleted from Profile services.
- "Publication materials" of "Members" exposed throughout other "Site"
- 2) All rights and responsibilities of "Publication Materials" written by "User" shall be on the "User", and "Company" may be deleted without prior notice if it is deemed to fall under any of the following, and "Company" shall not be held liable for such notice.
- Where a notice is posted in violation of the Terms and Conditions or deemed to be commercial or illegal, obscene or vulgar
- In the case of slander or slander against another "User" or third party or damage her/his reputation by slander
- In case of content that is contrary to the customs
- Where it is deemed to be related with a criminal act
- In the case of infringement of copyright or other rights of a third party
- Where a report of "User" on "Publication Materials" of "User" is received by "Company" and the "Company" determines that the reason for reporting is reasonable
- Any violation of other relevant statutes
Article 8 (Membership Registration)
- 1) The application for membership shall be submitted online or by a separate subscriptive method determined by "Company", and the information is filled in according to the application form set by "Company".
- 2) "Company" shall, in principle, accept the use of "Services" when the application for membership of "Applicant" is filed. However, the "Company" may restrict the use of "Service" or withdraw its consent if it fails to accept any of the following in the applications or recognizes that there were any of the following reasons after the fact:
- In case an applicant has previously lost her/his membership under Article 9 (3) of this Agreement, but the foregoing shall not apply; she/he has obtained consent from the "Company" to sign up for membership three years after losing her/his membership under Article 9 (3).
- In case there is a false, omitted entry or error in the registration.
- In case the member registration is deemed to significantly affect the technology of the "Site".
- In case the application submitted was using the name and the “ID” using another person’s information
- 3) The effective date of membership shall be the time when the consent of the "Company" reaches the "Member".
- 4) “Members" shall notify "Company" of any changes on registered information at the time of membership registration, by modifying information of profile, etc. within a reasonable period.
Article 9 (Modification of Member Information)
- 1) "Member" can view and modify personal information at any time through the profile page. However, the ID required for "Service" management cannot be modified.
- 2) "Member" shall modify the information of any changes on registered information at the time of membership registration, by modifying on the "Site" or by notifying "Company" of the changes via email or other means.
- 3) "Company" shall not be responsible for any disadvantages caused by the failure of notifying “Company” of the changes in paragraph 1.
Article 10 (Membership Withdrawal)
- 1) "Member" may request "Site" to withdraw at any time, and "Company" shall process the withdrawal of the membership immediately.
- 2) If "Member" falls under any of the following, "Company" may restrict or suspend membership:
- Where false information is registered at the time of membership registration
- Threatening orders such as obstructing others' use of "Site" or stealing such information
- Where an act is prohibited by statutes or/and the Terms and Conditions or is contrary to the public customs using the "Site"
- 3) "Company" may deprive "Membership" from a member who repeated the same act of violation more than twice or the ground for violation shall not be corrected within 30 days after "Company" ceased to restrict "Membership".
- 4) When the "Company" deprives "Membership", the registered information will be destroyed; In this case, "Member" shall be notified and be given the opportunity to explain for vindication at least 30 days prior to the information destroyed.
Article 11 (Notification for Member)
- 1) When "Company" gives notifications to "Member", it will be sent to the designated email address that "Member" made a prior agreement with "Company".
- 2) In case the notification is for unspecified "Members", "Company" may replace individual notifications with an announcement posted on the bulletin board of "Site" for more than one week. However, individual notification shall be given regarding matters that have a significant impact on the transactions of "Member".
Article 12 (Personal Information Protection)
- 1) When collecting personal information of "Member", "Company" collects minimum personal information within the scope necessary for providing services.
- 2) "Company" shall notify "Member" of the purpose and obtain the consent of "Member" when collecting and using personal information.
- 3) "Company" shall not use the collected personal information for any purpose other than its intended purpose. When a new purpose of use or provision to a third party arised, "Company" shall notify "Member" of the purpose and obtain the consent of "Member". However, this shall not apply to cases where there is prescribed by the relevant statutes.
- 4) If "Company" is required to obtain the consent of "Member" pursuant to paragraphs 2 and 3, it shall specify or notify the matters prescribed by Article 22 (2) of the Act on Promotion of Information and Communications Network Utilization and Information Protection at any time, including the identity of the person in charge of personal information management (affiliation, name and telephone number, other contact information), purpose of collection and information provision to third parties (providers, purpose of provision, and information to be provided).
- 5) "Member" may at any time request "Company" to peruse and correct her/his personal information, and "Company" shall be obliged to take necessary measures without delay. If "Member" requests correction of the error, "Company" shall not use her/his personal information until the error is corrected.
- 6) "Company" shall limit those who handle personal information of "Member" to a minimum for personal information protection, and shall assume full responsibility for damages caused by loss, theft, leakage, provision of unauthorized third parties, tampering, etc. of "Member".
- 7) "Company" or a third party who has received personal information from "Company" shall destroy the personal information without delay when the purpose of collecting or receiving personal information is fulfilled.
- 8) "Company" does not set the consent section for collecting and providing personal information as pre-selected. In addition, "Company" specifically specifies the services that are restricted when "Member" refuses to agree to the collection and use of personal information, and does not restrict or reject the provision of services such as membership on the grounds of refusal of "Member" to consent to the collection and use of personal information other than the mandatory collection item.
Article 13 (Duties of the Company)
- 1) "Company" shall do its best to provide goods and services in a consistent and stable manner, as provided by the Act and subordinate statute or this Agreement does not prohibit or violate the public manner.
- 2) "Company" shall have a security system for the protection of personal information (including credit information) of "Member" so that "Member" can use Internet services safely.
- 3) "Company" shall be liable for damages caused by unfair display advertising prescribed in Article 3 of the Act on the Fairness of Indication Advertisements.
- 4) "Company" does not send commercial emails to "Member" who doesn't want to.
Article 14 (Duties to the Member's ID and Password)
- 1) Except for the case of Article 11 applied, "Member" shall be responsible for the management of ID and password.
- 2) "Member" shall not allow a third party to use her/his ID and password.
- 3) When the "Member" recognizes that her/his ID and password have been stolen or is being used by a third party, "Member" shall notify the "Company" immediately and follow the instructions of the "Company" if there is any.
Article 15 (Duties of Members)
"Member" shall have an obligation not to engage in any of the following:
- 1) Registering false information for membership registration or modification of profile
- 2) Stealing personal information from others
- 3) Changing the information posted on "Site"
- 4) Sending or posting information (computer programs, etc.) other than the information specified by "Company"
- 5) Infringement of intellectual property rights such as copyrights of "Company" and other third parties
- 6) Any other act that damages the reputation of "Company" or a third party or impedes the business
- 7) Disclosure or posting of obscene or violent messages, images, voices, and other information against the public custom on "Site"
Article 16 (Revocation of the Service Contract of Member)
- 1) "Member" may revoke the service contract at any time by applying for withdrawal by sending an email to "Company", and "Company" shall immediately handle the application as prescribed by the relevant statutes and internal standards.
- 2) If "Member" revokes the service contract, "Company" immediately deploys the information related to "Member" immediately, except for the information that "Company" is required to record and preserve in accordance with the relevant statutes, personal information handling policies, and policies of the relevant authorities.
- 3) If "Member" revokes the service contract, all the posts registered at "Member" account will be deployed. However, "Publication materials" such as postings registered at another person's account and comments left at another person's "Publication materials" are not deleted.
Article 17 (Relationship between "Site" and "Connected Site")
- 1) If "Site" and other websites are linked by hyperlinks (e.g., the hyperlink including letters, pictures, video pictures, and videos), the former is referred to as "Site" and the latter as the "Connected Site".
Article 18 (Attribution of copyright and Restriction of use)
- 1) Copyright and other intellectual property rights to the work done by "Company" belong to "Company".
- 2) All rights and responsibilities of the posts written by "Member" shall be on the "Member" who posts.
- 3) "Member" shall not use the information obtained by using "Site" for profit or use by any third party without prior consent from "Company" for the purpose of duplication, transmission, publication, distribution, broadcasting or other means.
- 4) "Company" shall notify "Member" of the use of copyrights attributed to "Member" in accordance with the agreement.
- 5) "Company" may use, duplicate, modify, publish, and distribute public posts provided by "Member".
Article 19 (Dispute Resolution)
- 1) "Company" establishes and operates a Damage Compensation Processing System to reflect legitimate opinions or complaints raised by "Member" and to compensate for such damages.
- 2) "Company" shall deal with complaints and opinions submitted by "Member" first. However, if it is difficult to promptly handle the matter, "Company" will immediately notify "Member" of the reason and the processing schedule.
Article 20 (Restrictions on Liability)
- 1) If "Company" is unable to provide "Services" due to natural disasters, wars, riots, or equivalent to force majeure, it is exempted from the obligation to provide "Service".
- 2) "Company" shall not be held liable for any impediment to the use of "Services" due to reasons attributable to "Member".
- 3) "Company" shall not be held responsible for the information, data, reliability, and accuracy of the information posted by "User" in relation to "Services".
- 4) "Company" shall not be held liable for damages incurred by "Member" or third parties by dealing with "Services" through "Members" or "Members" and third parties.
- 5) "Company" shall not be held liable for any area provided free of charge among "Services" unless such damage is caused by intentional or gross negligence of the "Company" or if there is a special provision in the relevant statutes.
- 6) "Company" shall not be held liable for monitoring the contents and quality of products advertised by third parties on the screen in "Services" or on the linked websites.
- 7) Executives, employees, and representatives of "Company" and "Company" shall not be liable for damages arising from the following matters:
- Damages resulting from false or inaccurate personal information of "Member"
- Personal damages arising from the imputation of "Member" in the course of access to "Services" and use of "Services," regardless of nature and circumstances
- Damages arising from any illegal third-party’s access to the server or the illegal use of the server
- Damages arising from any unlawful interference or interruption by a third party to a server or from a server.
- Damages caused by all viruses, spyware, and other malware by a third party to illegally transmit, distribute, or transmit or distribute using "Services"
- Damage caused by errors, omissions, omission, and destruction, etc. of transmitted data due to natural disasters, wars, riots and equivalent to the force majeure.
- Various civil and criminal responsibilities arising from the profile registration of "Member" among "Members" and defamation and other illegal acts arising from the use of "Services".
Article 21 (Jurisdiction of Trial)
The Republic of Korea Act shall apply to disputes concerning the use of "Services" between "Company" and "Member," and any lawsuit arising from this dispute shall be filed to the courts of the Republic of Korea having jurisdiction under the Civil Procedure Act.
Article 22 (Business operator information)
The name and contact information of "Company" are as follows:
- 1) Company name: Palusomni
- 2) Email: email@example.com